Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Festival de Mode et Design de Montreal





Last week from August 3rd-6th Montreal celebrated it's 10th fashion and design festival. The festival took over McGill College Street and where cars usually pass, models strut down runways. Each day of the festival offered incredible shows, including the highlight of the festival, Jean Paul Gaultier's Fall/Winter 2011/2012 collection. Gaultier also displayed a runway show demonstrating some of his most iconic designs and influential models, including Montreal's own Francisco Randez and Eve Salvail. I had the privilege of being able to photograph the festival with a press pass, giving me access to the perfect location for great shots of the show. I couldn't believe that I was seeing a Jean Paul Gaultier runway show right in front of my lens, just as it had been shown in Paris Fashion Week. Being a girl who grew up in a small town in New Brunswick, it is in moments like this that I realize how lucky I am to live in a city like Montreal, which presents me with incredible opportunities such as that.
I have recently teamed up with successful fashion blogger, Candice Pantin of www.montrealinfashion.com and I work with Candice as her photographer, attending events such as the Fashion and Design Festival. It is my job to document every fabulous moment to provide her with beautiful imagery to compliment her wonderful writing on her blog. I am very lucky to work with Candice, who gives me the opportunity to attend these amazing events and meet lovely people in the fashion industry, such as Fashion Television's Glen Baxter! In addition, my photography is featured on her blog each time we cover an event together and is viewed by all her loyal readers. Be sure to browse Candice's amazing blog and see all my photos from the Montreal Fashion and Design Festival : www.montrealinfashion.com

No comments:

Post a Comment